It is official...we are the BEST Adventure Day in Somerset!
So where else should your children be during the holidays....with us on the Woodland Adventure Days!
Stuck for something to do during the school holidays?
Then look no further, the Woodland Adventure Days are where children can come without their parents to enjoy a day in the woods, building fires, exploring, climbing, cooking, covering themselves in camouflage paint and running wild. Your children will be happy and exhausted by the time they go home!
They are an excellent way to give your children a day out whilst you work.
Our days provide a rich and varied programme of activities and believe that ‘play’ should be personally directed and motivated, by each individual child. Ensuring there are plenty of opportunities for children of all ages and abilities, as we operate a flexible approach to responding to the play cues.
We place a high value on play, therefore the activities that children engage in will depend on how they feel, the weather and perhaps other things happening on the day. Activities we are likely to be getting involved in are:
- Den building
- Wild Art with natural materials
- Fire lighting
- Campfire cooking
- Wild and Active games
- Tracking, watching and listening to wildlife
- Hanging around in hammocks
- Climbing and sitting in trees
…and much, much more!
Children will have the opportunity to play and explore in beautiful wild, private and secret woodland. We will be discovering, playing, exploring and learning in nature’s playground.
We firmly believe that children’s play environments should create a safe and stimulating, yet challenging play experience in which encourages children to explore the natural world. We offer activities that give experiences a child both needs and enjoys, whilst at the same time building on their knowledge and interests.
Woodland Adventure Days are a popular choice for working parents, and places are therefore limited and must be booked in advance so that we know exactly how many sausages to bring to cook on the fire!
With a maximum of 16 children the Woodland Adventure Days are run on a 1:8 adult to child ratio by qualified and experienced Playworkers and Outdoor Practitioners, who will facilitate and encourage your children on many wild, magical and memorable adventures.
After all, it is the school holiday….and holidays are all about FUN!
We will be hosting our Adventure Days throughout the school holidays, there will be certain restrictions in place so that we are following the latest government guidance, as follows;
As settings reopen, it is crucial that we are minimising the risk of transmission of the virus due to increased mixing between different groups of children. For this reason, we request you send your child to the same setting consistently. If your child is attending other settings we request that you refrain from booking an adventure day until there is further easing. Read more here...>
- There will be a limited number of children each day.
- There will social distancing measures in place for the drop off and collection.
- Upon booking you will be given a drop off / collection time.
- Your child will be walked from the car park and should be dropped off and collected from there.
- We are currently not planning on offering the early bird and night owl service, please do ask if it is required.
- Children will need to bring their own mug, lunch and drinks bottle.
- We also ask they bring their own bottle of pocket hand sanitiser and a face mask.
- All places are limited and MUST be booked in advance
- Under 8’s can be catered for occasionally, please contact us if you wish to discuss this.
- Early bird service runs from 09.00 and Night owl until 17.00 upon request.
- Adventure Days are run during the main school holidays and half terms, except Christmas.
- There is no such thing as bad weather – just bad clothing! We expect lots of layers and plenty of waterproof clothing, as you can never be too sure.
8 - 14 years
10.00 to 16.00
£30.00 per child per day
Click on the season bar below to book. When you go through to PayPal make sure you select your chosen day from the drop down as well. Alternatively call us for more information on 07775 941353
The children had a great time as we could see from their faces. My daughter especially!!!! (They didn't want to go)!! You have a great and unique site which is perfect for the activities. I can see you have put a huge effort to create the setting and I can appreciate the amount of work it takes. Every now and again its nice to have a pat on the back. Well here it is. Wishing you all the success for the future and good luck.
Just to thank you on William's behalf for a fantastic day with you last week. Will said it was the best ever - he absolutely loved the whole rabbit skinning/gutting/eating process and we had a blow by blow account!!